Computer Assisted Full-Body Skin Cancer Screening
Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer and Melanoma the most malignant form of skin cancer. Early detection reduces mortality by 50%.
Computer Assisted Full-Body Skin Cancer Screening.
MarpéMarpe technology enables systematic and continued monitoring of moles, saving time for dermatologists, and increase survival rates.
Yaakov Navon, PhD.
- Image processing and computer vision expert
- Over 25 years of experience including 17 years at the IBM Research Lab in Haifa.)
- Former Chief Executive Officer of Dor Chemicals
- Former Managing Director of GE Healthcare Israel
- • In 2008, Tovi was awarded the prestigious Manager of the Year Award in the category of Manager of multi-national high-tech companies in Israel.
Development Stage: R&D
The American cancer Society recommends cancer-related checkup, including skin examination every 3 years between ages 20 and 40, and every year for anyone age 40 and older.
Assuming the main market will be in Western countries with high prevalence of skin cancer (Australia, USA, Western Europe and Canada), totaling about 750 million people, the market cap stands at about 170 million examinations each year. Priced at $50 per scan, the market cap stands at $8.5 billion annually.